Take a look at these guidelines for preventing household pests, pest infestations as well as the potentially damaging health and property threats they cause. Learn how to prevent bugs and rodents from getting into your home, how to protect yourself from outdoor insects like mosquitoes and bees and ways to protect your family and property from disease and property damage.
- Seal off cracks and holes on the exterior of the home including access points for utilities and pipes.
- Maintain tree branches and bushes properly trimmed and away from the house.
- Keep cellars, attics, and crawl spaces properly ventilated and free of moisture.
- Stock garbage in sealed storage units and dispose of it on a regular basis.
- Fix fascia and sofits and rotted roofing materials; some insects are attracted to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and fix loose mortar around basement foundation and home windows.
- Place fire wood no less than 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the floor.
- Contact a certified pest professional to get more assistance and treatment if needed.
Insect Control Auckland 0800 783 266